- Starting with Intel Quartus Prime Software version 14.0, Intel FPGA software only supports 64 bit versions of the OS listed in Table 1, unless specified. The 32-bit library files are required to run the software on Linux. 64-bit platforms.
- Aug 25, 2020.
- Fire Tablet Software Updates. Fire tablet devices automatically download software updates when connected to the internet. These free software updates include general improvements and performance enhancements. Note: Determine what Fire tablet you have before manually downloading a software.
Now that you already know about the best Bitcoin mining hardware, we’re going to talk about Bitcoin mining software.
Pick a Free OS AdaOS AROS AtheOS BSD Cefarix Chaos CP/M Darwin DCP Debian GNU/Hur E.R.I.K.A eCos ELKS ERaMS EROS Fiasco Free-VMS FreeBSD FreeDOS Freedows FreeOS JTMOS Linux main Menuet Minix MorphOS NetBSD Oberon Open Windows OpenBEOS OpenBSD osFree Plan 9 PowerOS QNX ReactOS RTEMS S.Ha.R.K SkyOS Solaris 8 Unununium V2OS VSTa Winmac xMach.
What is Bitcoin Mining Software?
Bitcoin mining hardware handles the actual Bitcoin mining process, but:
Bitcoin mining software is equally as important.
- If you are a solo miner: the mining software connects your Bitcoin miner to the blockchain.
- If you mine with a pool: the software will connect you to your mining pool.
- If you are cloud mining: you do not need mining software.
Mining is not the fastest way to get bitcoins.
Buying bitcoin is the fastest way.
Read Our Buying Guide
Why Do You Need a Bitcoin Mining Operating System?
Bitcoin mining rigs and systems have come a long way since the beginning. The first Bitcoin miners made do with the tools they had at their disposal and set up various software to control the mining hardware in their rigs.
While these make-shift solutions were better than nothing, they didn’t exactly work efficiently. Not only did that slow down the mining process, but it also made it difficult for newcomers to join in on the fun.
Necessity is the mother of all invention, so along came solutions like Awesome Miner, ethOS, and SimpleMining that streamlined the mining process.
These days, mining operating systems are the standard.
But many users of the existing systems still experience issues with:
- Managing multiple mining devices.
- Maintaining a steady mining performance.
- Fixing spontaneous errors.
- Managing the mining system remotely.
- Maximizing the efficiency of their hardware.
Importance of Bitcoin Mining Software
The main job of the software is to deliver the mining hardware’s work to the rest of the Bitcoin network and to receive the completed work from other miners on the network.
Bitcoin mining software monitors this input and output of your miner while also displaying statistics such as the speed of your miner, hashrate, fan speed and the temperature.
You may also need Bitcoin tax software in order to calculate your taxes owed.